Twitter @ImNabeelah

Friday, August 27, 2010

Slow Hunter

This was her, Mick Kelly, walking in the daytime and by herself at night.
In the hot sun and in the dark with all the plans and feelings.
This music was her—the real plain her…
This music did not take a long time or a short time.
It did not have anything to do with time going by at all.
She sat with her arms around her legs, biting her salty knee very hard.
The whole world was this symphony,
and there was not enough of her to listen…
Now that it was over there was only her heart beating like a rabbit and this terrible hurt.

-Carson McCullers

***

I felt disappointed with myself in English class today.
We were given twenty minutes to write
an essay on anything in particular and it was based on a diary entry.
Even though I had quite a few ideas to write about I don't know why
I couldn't write out the words onto the paper.
I just kept staring and staring at the paper with only the words
"Dear Diary" written at the top and when I realised I had
only five minutes left to complete,I did what I do best at;

Panic and scribbled down nonsense.
I sort of feel useless.


16 comments:

  1. You always have the most wonderful quotes, you know.
    And please don't ever feel useless of inadequate, because, above all things, you are not.
    I promise with all my being.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Heart is a Lonely Hunter is one of my favourite books. I adore it.

    I can relate to that feeling of not being able to express oneself in words. But, at the end of the day, what you actually write in class is unimportant compared to the fact that you have the thoughts and what the thoughts are.

    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool picture...Loved the poem too...You my dear are not useless...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone has their off days, sometimes the words just aren't there. Don't worry about it, they will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you aren't useless.
    we all lose our words from time to time.
    but you always get them back.
    nothing is forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sometimes when you push for something it doesnt come.
    you know as well as anyone who has read your blog that you aren't useless.
    be patient, you can't be amazing all the time.
    with love,

    ReplyDelete
  8. people are never useless.

    we all have moments like that.

    smile dearest.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not useless at all - I'm told all the best authors get writers block.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear, you are not useless.
    I love the quotes you use on your blog.
    All my love.




    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww ur not useless. always remember that :)

    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hate when that happens. It's almost like I have TOO MANY ideas...
    And it all is shit when I turn it in.
    xx,
    ~Abby~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiii! I think that in the end what you think was terrible will turn out to be quite an outstanding piece of work! :)

    And, oh, by the way, I left you something on my blog (I'll be posted in a few minutes, haha), so make sure to stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't worry, you're not useless and you definitely have a HUGE purpose in this world. Though it may not have made itself known yet.
    Just smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just dropping by to say hello. How you doing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. don´t worry, Nabilah. this kind of things happen. we just have our bad days when things seem to turn all wrong, but don´t think you´re useless or anything like that

    hope you start feeling better :)

    love!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Dearest Friend,
You're so wonderful.
Thank You so much for leaving me a comment.
<3