Twitter @ImNabeelah

Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Being Fair by Letting You Know This,


If you are going to fall in love with me, that it’s only fair that you know what you are falling in love with. You are falling in love with my insecurities, and my obsession with trying to figure out what everyone thinks of me. You are falling in love with my immaturity, my constant need to feel loved and appreciated, my overactive tear ducts, my internet obsession, my tendency to be too clingy. You fall in love with my troubled past, and my hopes and dreams, and how I’m a hopeless romantic at heart. If you fall in love with me, you fall in love with my self-hate and all my imperfections and my perception that nobody could ever love me.

But, you are also falling in love with the way my eyes will smile when I’m with you, the way I’ll text you in the mornings just telling you I hope you have a great day. You’re falling in love with the occasionally humorous and/or thought-provoking things I say, and the way I blush when people ask me about you. But to me, the most important thing will be that you are falling in love with me, despite my thinking that it is impossible.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my site...the interview was good - I posted about it on my other blog (mymulti-colouredlife.blogspot.com).

    Lovely pic and words (very topical too!)

    Enjoy your day :-)

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "But to me, the most important thing will be that you are falling in love with me, despite my thinking that it is impossible" -> this is just BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this <33

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just too sweet, and beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel like I should put a sign on my head saying "beware to future boyfriends...I'm fucked up". I seriously think I should write a manual and hand it over to a boy after he asks me out.

    The second paragraph made me smile very much :)

    Love Battle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so beautiful.. I just read it over and over again..

    I think I'll print that on a t-shirt or whatever, and always wear it wherever I go :P Haha, just kidding (:

    Love Jen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. You've written "fall in love" so many times that it doesn't seem like a real phrase anymore.
    Anyway, I loved reading this; I read it twice. So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You write beautifuly. I love your blog, darling.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Dearest Friend,
You're so wonderful.
Thank You so much for leaving me a comment.
<3